A delicious and healthy Asian salmon, broccolini & quinoa salad. It is high in protein and low in saturated fat – a perfect meal for people with diabetes.
- 400g skinless Atlantic salmon fillets
- Spray extra virgin olive oil
- Cracked black pepper to season
- ¾ cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock, low or no added salt variety
- 1 bunch broccolini, chopped
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves, washed
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves, washed and chopped
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbs fish sauce
- 1 Tbs Stevia (Natvia)
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Spray salmon with extra virgin olive oil and season with pepper.
- Place in a pre-heated frying pan and cook for 3 minutes each side on medium heat.
- Meanwhile, place quinoa and 1 ½ cups stock in a saucepan over high heat.
- Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Blanch broccolini in hot water for 3-4 minutes until tender but still firm.
- Flake salmon when cool. Place quinoa in a heatproof bowl.
- Add salmon, chopped broccolini, walnuts, baby spinach leaves and coriander.
- Pour balsamic vinegar and toss gently to combine.
- For dressing, combine lime, extra virgin olive oil, fish sauce and stevia together in a small bowl and pour over salad just before serving.
|Recipe makes 6 serves
Serving size: 250g
|Nutrient||Per Serve||Per 100g|
|Total fat (g)||23.95||9.61|
|Saturated fat (g)||3.94||1.58|
|Dietary fibre (g)||3.81||1.53|