This simple honey soy marinade is cholesterol free and a tasty way to add flavour to poached, steamed, stir-fried or baked chicken, as well as fish or beef fillets!
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons salt reduced soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Whisk all ingredients in a large shallow dish with a fork
- Add your chosen meat in one layer and turn to coat thoroughly
- Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for between 30 mins – 24 hours. The longer you leave to marinate the more intense the flavour.
- Remove the meat from the marinade a cook using preferred method.
|Recipe makes: 15 serves
Serving size: 15g
|Average Quantity per Serving||Average Quantity per 100g|
|Energy||138kJ (33Cal)||923kJ (220Cal)|
Original recipe from Capilano and reproduced with permission. Please note this recipe has been modified to ensure it is suitable for people with diabetes.