This dessert is a nutritious alternative to cream-based mousse, and provides a good source of essential fatty acids and antioxidants to improve heart health and cholesterol profile. This healthy version uses avocado as a thickener instead of cream and organic cacao powder rather than milk chocolate.
- 1Tb stevia
- 2 ripe, large avocados
- 1 ripe large banana
- I tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- Small pinch of cinnamon to taste
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor on high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add small amounts of water whilst blending to lighten the texture of the mousse.
- Set in small glass bowls in the fridge for 2 hours.
|Recipe makes: 4 serves
Serving size: 150g
|Nutrient||Per Serve||Per 100g|
|Total fat (g)||26.00||17.25|
|Saturated fat (g)||5.84||3.87|
|Dietary fibre (g)||4.10||2.72|